Saturday, May 24, 2014

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS - Woodhaven Entertainment (1999)

                               I close out Gulliver week with this interesting tape from Woodhaven Entertainment, I have three more tapes of Gulliver in my collection, however they are mostly the same transfers as discussed before, and I don't want this week getting boring. This VHS version of the film is mastered from a fair to good 35mm sharp film print, there is a problem with this print though as in the scene in which King Little calls upon the guards to kill Gulliver the picture drops out suddenly and then something weird happens, the screen goes bright red for one to two minutes then drops outat which point we join the film back in progress. I call reel change. The packaging looks, for a lack of a better term "Ghetto", Gulliver looks like he's wearing a leotard and his face looks like it just got ran over, it boggles my mind how anybody saw this artwork as sellable, it reminds me of those old, early 80's Transatlantic covers, gosh how terrible those were. Behold my friends, some of the worst VHS cover art of all time!!! At least this tape is in SP mode, its one saving grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment